Stress impacts our lives in both good and bad ways. Dr. Gary Sweeten and Randy Creamer discuss strategies for understanding and managing stress in your life. Topics covered include:
- The good that stress does for you
- We all experience Stress Myths
- Managing Good Stress = a real possibility for the family
Making the video work for you
Take time to reflect and make notes. Actually writing your thoughts on a paper or digitally helps promote change and growth.
- What 1 thing is causing you Distress today. Write a complete first-person sentence starting with “I am . . . (list the stressful situation in detail). How does this limit your life? What is holding you back?
- What 1 thing is providing you positive stress today? A goal? A hope? A tug on your life? Something a family member wants or needs? Write a complete first-person sentence starting with “I want . . . (list the positive situation in detail). How does this move your life forward? How does this make you feel if you succeed?
- What myth about stress has limited your life? Take a minute to listen again to Randy’s personal story about what ‘good boys don’t do’ as a reminder of the myth his mother put into his mind that caused him stress.
Is Your Family Like a Wood Stove or Central Heat?