Study after study shows that prayer and meditation lead to a healthier emotional, spiritual, and physical life. Just a few minutes a day can help with facing a new day or unwinding at the end of the day.
This Prayer/Meditation uses YAWNS to facilitate peace
- Get Comfortable
- Purposely Yawn as many times as you like.
- Breathe Deeply
- Breathe Out Negative Ideas and Self Talk
- Automatic Negative Thoughts
- Breathe in God’s Love, Peace, Blessings
- Focus on the blessings of the Breath of God. (When I was reducing my high Blood Pressure I started breathing deeply for at least ten minutes. My BP dropped at least ten points)
- Recite a Prayer, Song or Blessing
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
- Allow names and faces to spontaneously flow throughout the singing, praying
- Bless the people God shows you with Love, Grace, Mercy, Peace, Forgiveness, Healing, Shalom, Prosperity
- Enjoy the positive feelings and thoughts as long as possible
- Listen for Holy Spirit guidance about anything you need to say or do
- Move out and do what the Holy Spirit directed
- Be “Aglow in the Spirit” and bless all you see
- Love those nearest to you with patience and kindness
A Prayer for Courage and Serenity
Rev Reinhold Niebuhr
God, grant me the serenity to accept
The things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that you will make all things right if I surrender to your will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with you in the next.
12 Steps for Daily Living